Why not business??


I was a computer science student in my higher secondary, always scared of biology. Had anyone said i would do biotechnology in my college i would have laughed at them and went. Not now. As I am in anna university doing my final year biotechnology and still having aversion to it. I had always wished to study in anna university in any department, hopefully not related to biology. I studied with my skins out and scored 1149 in my board exams but dint score good marks in entrance exams. My dad was so optimistic about biotech and made me join there. I was hoping i would like the subject in due course and would fare well. But iam still the same. Its not even a dog's lick for me, albeit i hav been reading it for the past 3yrs right from August 2004. May be bcos of the ever-studying necessity, may be bcos of the less job opportunities, may be bcos i dunno biology. Many in my class are dying to do a phd. I wonder many a time if their choice is right. After all 5yrs+ is really a big amount of time sitting in a laboratory talking in microlitres and seeing in microscopes. I dont have such patience. And during exams its my friends who struggle with me. Mainly bcos i keep calling them over the phone and make them explain each topic. I pity them. But I dont have any choice, neither they. Well its all over now and i am thinking about my future. My intuition said my path is different. Something bigger and tougher. And thats "Business".


U know a current passes in me whenever i say "Management", "Corporate" etc. Its something ineffable. That current was clearly absent in biotech. I found my cup of tea. The day when i employ people and develop a living for them. Imagine.. Its not u alone who prospers, u will take a lot of other people with u too.!!! I can visualise it. I really love being called "Mr.Sadasivam". So i tend to add that myself in my messages and in mail. Occasionally "sada sir".. its kinda fun. There are many situations when my friends tease me for putting so. But i really cant wait!!!!!


Its really a herculean task. Years of hard work, both physically and mentally, politics,egos, insults, bargains, ulterior motives etc etc whatever may come, iam ready to face to anything. Its the victory that matters. For it to come sooner than later, u must hone urself for tougher battles after each and every assignment.

Its a fresh new beginning. Lets talk business dude!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mr. Sadasivam,
Its nice to hear that u have got the required courage to start business. I pray that u should get success too!

Nithya

Popular Posts