About My BTX...!!!!!

Btx, Btx, Btx, Btx, Btx aka biotechcellence was the only word which came out of my mouth for 5 months right from september'06 till february'07. And it sill continues for me as i have a cheque pending. I love organising and I wanted to make some big contribution to it. And it was all fun to say the least. I was fully involved and concentrated on it and made my presence felt. I roamed about the whole of chennai for sponsorship. Learnt a lot during that time. Somethin which hrs n hrs of borin lecture cant add even a dime to it. ( for ref dime is 10 cents)

Some lessons..

1. there is no professionalism anywhere.

2. if u hav influence u hav ur say

3. u can fake petrol bills very easily

4. u come to learn a lot abt ur frnds

5. can have free lunch many times

6. hav to hear crass words from stupid ppl

7. u will feel like slappin ppl for their attitude but u gotta keep smiling. (Thats the most difficult part)

8. if u feel bored u can bunk class and escape

9. u can have unlimited OD's

10. All tests will be cancelled.

11. u will have to get tanned a bit for roaming in the sun

12. how deadlines affect u

13. its money money money everywhere

14. u will understand how costly things have become

15. collecting 7lakhs is no mean task

16. its tension till the end

17. There is lot more to learn in this world even when u feel thats the end of it...

During btx time i realised how stingy many ppl are and how generous some ppl are to pour their money in things not of any worth to them. I am still going behind a top biotech company to get a cheque worth 10000. This money wood have been big at the start for us but its seems very small now. Our btx got over in february'07 and its september'07 now. its been 6months and still there is no positive reply. I call them daily and they somehow dodge and escape. Hopefully it gets over soon.

One of my most fascinating meetings came with Mr. Sreenivasan, MD India Cements and currently Treasurer of BCCI. That was the first time i heard abt him and had no idea. My friends said u can expect a big amount. I had no hopes. I treated it as jus another meet. Went there with a gal of my class. And she was in her most casual attire and v dint have the brochures too. I was shocked and thought this will flop too. We went in without any waiting and there he was Mr Sreenivasan as i called r cheenu uncle as the gal called. He browsed thro the brochures and said that... " see its basically biotech and v basically handle cements. it has nothing to do with biotech. but u hav come and asked me so i wood like to do somethin for u. u can use the money in anything which u like but don put my name as u may have many tough questions to answer.".. he said this and took a paper and wrote 0 after 0.. I peeped in to see wat he was writin and managed to read the text upside down and raised my eyebrows as 0 after 0 kept piling on. it ended in 5 zeroes!!!!.. Would you belive it.. It was 1 lakh..!!!!!!!! Had no one been there, i wood have screamed yelled and jumped. I had to control all my emotions and sit there. It was really very very tough. Wat came to my mind that time was " dai sada how many days have u roamed like a dog for jus rs.2000. Now v hav 1 lak and it was from a single gal. U gotta think abt it. " From that day the fate of r symposium changed and our target reached the next higher peak. V gave a lot of freebies to our professors and all students who attended the symposium.

I have lot of memories like this. I cherish each and every moment. I was wholly absorbed in the toast of the event.I was bubbling with spirit and confidence. it was a huge confidence booster for me!!!

Many professors and the participants appreciated our work and said it as the best they had ever seen. Thats our best reward!!!

Yuppee!!! Yuppee!!! I was on cloud 9 or cloud 10 wat ever!!!!!

There is lot more to come in future...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Sada,
That Bio Tech Excellence article was too good da. It was like watching a movie. Mayb u can direct a picture in future! good Luck!

Nithya

Popular Posts