Who you are makes a difference..

The stories thats gonna follow are from "Chicken soup for the soul". It might have been just another story but it made me think twice and i would like to share it with u people..

A brother like that

Paul received an automobile from his brother as Christmas gift. On christmas eve when Paul came out of his office, a street urchin was walkin around the shiny car, admiring it. "Is this your car, Mister?" he asked.

Paul nodded."My brother gave it to me for Christmas".

The boy was astounded. "Boy, I wish...." He hestitated.

Of course Paul knew what he was going to wish for. He was going to wish he had a brother like that. But what the lad said jarred Paul all the way down to his heels.

"I wish," the boy went on, "that I could be a brother like that"


A simple gesture

Mark was walking home from school one day when he noticed that the boy ahead of him had tripped and dropped all the books he was carrying along with his sweaters, base ball bat ec. Mark knelt down and helped the boy pick up the scattered articles. Since they both went the same way Mark helped him carry it along. Mark discovered that his name was Bill and that he loved video games, and had lot of trouble with other subjects and that he has jus broken up with his gal friend.

After sometime they both met each other at times and talked and even joined the same college. During graduation day Bill reminded Mark of the day they both met first and said "I carried too many things that day bcos i cleaned out my locker so that it dont want be a mess to anyone. I had stored away some of my mother's sleeping pills and I was going home to commit suicide. But after we spent some time together talking and laughing, i realized that if i had killed myself, i would have missed that time and so many others that might follow. So u see,Mark, when you picked up my books that day, you did a lot more. You saved my life pal."

These are simple stories but have of lot of life in it. Hope it made u think.

Comments

Popular Posts