Yesteryear memoirs- Part 1

I m writing this post on the final minutes of my 22nd year.. In just a few hrs the clock would chime 12.. And I would be turnin 23.. 23 seems rather big assuming huge significance..

My mother always used to say that I was born on a cool winter tuesday morning with ruddy cheeks and a puny face with the nurse rushin me to the incubator room.. After all the first grandson of a village head deserves some attention.. With gifts n wishes piling up around me I grew unaware of what was happenin around me.. The age of innocence.. A typical phrase “This child has a long way to go.. He has lots to achieve.. He is goin to be a champ soon!!!“.. Ha ha.. A lot has hpnd since then.. Many cute gals would have kissed me on my cheeks.. Many well wishers would have blessed me.. My parents would have felt happiness of a life time.. Their child has come to support them.. Ha ha.. Its always interestin to think abt things in a new perspective.. They wil always hold a lot of miracles in them..

Looking on the retrospect.. In my 8035 days of life some 1,92,840 hrs has passed.. Many pleasant moments, many sorrow moments, many crushy moments and not to say- records have tumbled.. Hmmm.. I mean my personal records which I hav set for myself.. At the end of the day, I hav never been top in anything.. I have been close to makin it first.. But never once in wat I like to be.. I m not very peculiar in being the topper (in wat ever u field u work on).. but jus tat u must be satisfied in ur work n tat it must bring you happiness.. Wats there in doin something which doesn’t give u satisfaction??? I m very peculiar on that point.. In the light of things wat remains with you is not the things or people, but jus ur presence in it.. Its more than everythin.. I do certain things out of my way to reach that satisfaction.. It gives u confidence.. It gives a calm demeanor.. You begin to like yourself.. That’s were the essence of life is..

I believe 2 things in life:
1. Everyone in this world has some destiny..
2. God is present in the common man whom u meet..

I was in the part of my life, some of my college life, were I dint like myself.. I dint like my defeatist attitude, my eerie silence, my too casual attitude and not to say my possessiveness.. It ate me up.. I jus couldn’t do much abt it other than watch it from a touching distance.. I was aloof, secluded n u always have a feel tat something is wrong.. U cant accept it even if things are fine.. Silence and solitude have the biggest powers.. They can do wonders to you and bring u up.. Or they may destroy you n make u the most depressed person in this whole world.. The choice is ours.. Everythin happens in front of our eyes..

One silence in my college life shut me up.. I m here back fine bcos of the same.. U need change to identify who you are.. If v stay the same were to find wat v got n wat v miss??.. I believe that we all are here for some reason.. We are not born here to live n die.. Somethin is expected frm us.. Only when we have the courage to move a bit out of our path can v reach destiny..

One of my frnd wrote in my b’day card “Let ur life be as colorful as this card”.. Different colors represent different emotions each one holdin a different lesson in it.. Simple n powerful as it can be.. sometimes it doesn’t take a lifetime to change ourselves.. A movie like “Forest gump” can do it.. A novel can do it.. A small talk frm a frnd could do.. Why go out when ur there for u??? Sometimes our life gets hazy.. V dunno wats happenin around us n even the smallest of problem looks like an eternity.. We need to come across such incidents in our life..

Happiness alone cannot be and should not be a part of one’s life..

(to be contd…)

Comments

Matangi Mawley said…
hey.. nice write up..n belatd happy b'day! must say.. u'r blog looks gr8!

Popular Posts