My 9/11..

The world was in utter ruins 7 yrs back.. It was a black tuesday on September 11.. It was a day the world will never forget.. The day when even the indomitable USA was in tatters..

7 july 2005 was the day when a series of coordinated bomb blasts hit London's famed public transport system.. It was the deadliest terrorist attack on London's transit system.. and it was UK's 9/11..

The Indian vulnerability was exposed badly on 26 november 2008.. It would hav easily been the day when the 105 yr old heritage, Taj Mahal hotel, to be reduced to plain debris.. Only a miracle saved it.. And it was dubbed as India's 9/11.. Not even a speck of doubt about it..


Every important country has experienced one such big disaster..

All man made disasters..

If such incident happens, every part of the world turns back and takes notice of it.. The terrorists dont understand that the trouble they cause is totally long term.. Not only for the people who are directly related but even for the small kid which is in its mother's womb.. I don talk about the mental pain but the physical pressure which others have to endure.. The next yr the GK books and school books fill them with the minute details of it makin it difficult for every teacher, student, MBA aspirant etc to remember all the facts..

One such incident is enough to get an MBA aspirant completely drilled about it.. I hav lots of personal experiences like tat.. The more rich a country's heritage is, the more difficult it is to manage!!!

U may ask wat has this to do wit my post.. Well its jus tat after continental expo it has become inter personal now.. I had my share of 9/11 to the world.. Except that u don need to study abt it in GK books or u don hav to publish a posthumus book.. The latter case wood be too much even for my spirit!!!!

My 9/11 is easy to interpret.. It doesnt hav any confusing months n yrs to remember..

I had the most two most embarassing moments of my life during those days.. It was almost back to back.. December 9,2008 and December 11,2008.. A.K.A Dec 9/11.. As simple as it is!!!

As for every one the first experience is my most embarassing..

It was a cool tuesday december afternoon, a week after my b'day.. The clock was about to chime 3 and it would be another 2.5 hrs before i have the permission to head home.. I was in Kilpauk in the midst of my training.. I was totally out of mood to study though it had the most important test the next day.. I wanted to go home.. If i clear i will get my next place to report in TCS else they would not give me my reportin letter.. I took my rain coat, bag, helmet and was leavin the class when my frnd called and shouted "hey sada, u leaving home is it??? Come early tomorrow da.. We will do something".. i opened the class door and was on the way to the exit when a voice at the back called.. It happened to be my UNIX mam Ms.Malini..

This was the conversation:
Malini: Hey Sadasivam, where are u going??
Sada: Mam i hav a frnd waiting outside. i need to give him my bag and raincoat..
Malini: Ok then wat about the helmet??
Sada: No mam, actually he will be going by my house so jus thot of givin it to him so then i can study here and catch a bus back home..
Malini: Oh ok then.. carry on..

The scene was over and i was walkin towards the exit when i realised i could not go home.. i would easily be spotted if mam comes to my class n asks for me.. Very angry that my plan got spoiled i came back to my class and wanted to scold the guy who shouted while i was going.. i opened the class doors and he was standing straight in front of me.. with one hand on the door, i pointed my other hand right in front of his face and shouted very loud "O**a.. The****** p***a.. ippadiya".. suddenly before i was about to finish one of my frnd waved his hand n said "Dai dai mam da".. i moved the door and turned to my left to see my mam standing there.. i was totally speechless for a few sec with my frnds gasping n me blinkin.. everyone heard what i spoke bcos mam was advising wat to study for the exam and the whole class was silent.. i was jus seein my mam n was sayin "mam extremely mam.. dint notice you.. i m extremely sorry for sayin so..".. But mam was furious and got very angry.. "Sada how dare u talk so.. ur all corporates u cant talk so indecently.. Such bad language.. very bad attitude".. etc.. then she hit me in the shoulder.. it was not a hit actually.. a gentle hit wood be fine..

I was clueless on what to do.. i was sayin sorry to my frnd n mam.. then after a few min went back to my place kept my bag n went to the last row n hid my face at the back of a computer.. Was thinking "dai sada.. life la itha vida oru bulb unnala kandipa vanga mudiyathu.. " was waitin for mam to cool.. after a few min she came to last row n i asked sorry to her personally.. was tellin her tat v guys talk much bad than this n we don mind scolding each other like this.. she totally disapproved it.. after many many sorries she said sorry for hittin me.. atlast it was happys endings there..

after some time a few guys who were not in class that time came and took my hand n kept it in their eyes.. i couldn understand wat they were tryin to do.. then a guy said "machi u r the new badshah for r class.. not even a single guy wood dare speak such bad words in front of a mam.. but u did.. we r very proud of u.." then some 4 or 5 did the same procedure.. i was totally embarassed..

It was the most most most most embarassing moment of my life ever!!! I will never forget that..

Then wat hpnd were all history.. that was when i realised how bad a rumor can spread.. i went to wash my face some ten min later only to find myself shaking hands wit all before i finally i made it to the restroom.. I was lucky not to have my HR in that place.. Had it been her i would hav been sacked immediately for sure!!!

Before the dust of this notorious incident could settle came another..

It was dec 11, a thursday.. As a TCSer, i can wear business casuals only on fridays.. other days its ful formals.. Earlier in the week harish and vamshi had gifted me a shirt.. I loved the shirt ever since i opened it.. a white plus gray shirt wit cool designs.. it wood be a perfect fit for me.. i wore t shirt on thurs the 11th.. i thot no one wood notice me.. i came in a jean n half sleeve shirt.. almost 2 hrs passed when i was seein some info on the notice board.. suddenly someone at t back called.. i turned back to see my HR standin and staring at me..

HR: are u frm TCS??
Sada: yes mam
HR: can i no which batch ur frm??
Sada: CS58 mam.. unix/c++
HR: wats ur name??
Sada: I m sadasivam mam
HR: how dare u come in business casuals on a thursday and where is ur ID card???
Sada: sorry mam.. i thot it was a friday so came in business casuals..
HR: U better leav home.. apply for casual leav n go home..
Sada:mam i m sorry mam..
HR: i said leav.. no talkin business

Thought of leavin home but decided against it.. i had a retest next day n it had ful portions.. and leavin home wont help.. so went to one of my frnds home n got myself changed.. went back to the HR room and told her tat i had changed my attire..

HR: wat made u come in busiess casuals today??
sada: mam, i thot today was a friday so i came in casuals..
HR: thank god u dint tink it was a saturday today
sada: ????
HR: so u dint realise it was a thursday today before i noticed u??
sada:no mam.. i did.. but i dint no wat to do

for a few min i was askin sorry to her but she was jus starin at the comp.. then suddenly a print out came and she threw it on the table.. She said "Sign the form and come".. it was a form for casual leav..
she was very peculiar tat i sign the form.. so i went back to my class n filled the form and gave it to her..

HR:i think the current session for u is "Application demo".. but u hav filled "self study"
Sada: oh, i m sorry mam i filled it wrong
HR: U don't even no wat is happening in ur class.. good...
Sada: sorry mam
HR:by the way.. did u clear the exams yesterday??
Sada: no mam.. dint clear my theory
HR: it shows..

Suuuu.. wat an ordeal.. Tank god i came out of Kilpauk..

That was the incident which transformed me from Badshah to the head of all Badshahs!!

How notorious!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha..

Anyways after a few yrs it wood end up as one of my best bloopers of all time!!!

Comments

Popular Posts