Yesteryear memoirs- Part 2

It all looks like it just happened yest.. But alas, an year has went past.. I cant give a unit for this speed like km/hr or m/sec or knots.. This is something way beyond!!! Something which plays in the mind and it now beckons me that I m an year old after completing my under graduate life..

From now on We are at a stage where we are no longer with the fresher tag.. We are branded old animals for interviews.. The year 2008 which went past was not an year to remember for the global markets.. It saw many companies crumble like a pack of cards.. I m not goin to discuss about the global scenario but my own..

I would like to trace my steps a little back to the year 2007.. Precisely June 2007.. That was when we were banging our heads to get some placement in some company.. Our most important priority being that we dont want to be stranded after college gets over.. A good salary in some decent company was the need for the day.. There was a frantic search for yesteryear papers, having group studies etc etc.. The companies came floodin in and the first was mine.. TCS.. We were prayin all gods to open atleast their corner eye so that we could get a job..

When I think abt that now I m simply amazed looking at my current priorities.. The job which I very badly needed jus an year back is not even in my scheme of things and I feel I m jus hanging on to it bcos I have nothing else to hold on to!!!! How ironic!!! Our priorities get changed in an year let alone hrs..

The placement exams went ok but my interview was horrible to say the least.. The heavy rain that day only added to my misery.. After that poor interview I made all efforts to collect papers for the next exam.. I was dead sure that TCS will flunk.. But it came as a huge shock to see my name in the selected list.. I went gaga over it and was happy that I was going to earn.. My parents n relatives were extremely happy that I was in the Tata family.. I was totally unaware of the impact the Tatas made.. And so I was virtually blank abt everythin.. I knew nothing abt their legacy, nothing abt their philanthropic side and nothing abt coding too.. The journey to trivandrum had been an eye opener for me for many unknown reasons.. Primarily being that I began to enjoy my solitude.. And a month there was enough for me to learn the nightmares in IT sector.. When I came home I was in half ..

Then came second phase and it was an even bigger nightmare.. That was the time I came to the conclusion that Trivandrum was heaven.. It is said that we realize the value of a thing only when its not there with you.. How true!! I dont miss the buildings or the faculty there but I do definitely miss the aloo parathas for 10 bucks and a super heavy meal with a juice to finish for just 35 bucks.. Oh my god.. It was definitely the place for me to savor the food!!!

Now then TCS was a only a part in the last year and there is more to the story.. Many new friends to cherish, many hearts joined, a few got split, many were tryin their shot again at masters etc etc.. In short it was nothing of entertainment!!!

I must admit the fact that I have been under a lot of "the self-realization" scanner for the year.. Some things must be said to you to change you, some things must be seen to change, some things must be done to change and, not but not the least, some things must be felt to change.. I came to understand the real essence only now.. And I m very thankful for it.. So I don't pressurize myself by forcing others to do which they don't want to do.. I no longer want my stuff my ideas unto others and put make up for them..

I have gotten in the mood to do service to people.. There are many in need.. I would like to do somethin was others.. I would like to make as many people happy as possible.. I would definitely strive for it.. I don't mean off here that I do.. its jus that I would like u too to join hands and make big things..

These are the few things I learnt:
• Do wat u like to do.. If u feel like u will get happiness only by jumping off from a cliff.. please do that.. Bcos even if u get hurt u will learn to live with it with happiness and the consciousness that it was self inflicted will be etched in ur memory.. On the other hand, even if others mistakenly scratch u, u will feel like he has committed a sin.. So its best to do wat u like to do..
• Watch a lot of movies and improve creativity.. Be imaginative..
• Read hell a lot of books and get acquainted with the evergreen realm..
• Be helpful anytime..
• There is nothing u r goin to take to ur grave.. So give to others and be happy with ur share.. The happiness got cannot be explained.. It can only be felt..
• Eat ur fav dishes and try new ones.. They definitely stimulate u..
• Keep bird watching.. No matter what the opp thinks of u.. it's a secret pleasure..
• Work hard, party hard, show ur face to the lord, visit places, gift someone, talk non stop over the phone(hope u pay t bill for it)

The above things may be done by u even now and may ask wats new in it?? You, the person in You is waiting to rejoice.

Comments

Popular Posts