Inception - A movie like never before..

The scenes roll back by two years.. To July 19, 2008..

It was nearly the end of a 150 min film at Satyam.. The climactic dialogues were gettin on me..

James Gordon Jr.: Why's he running, Dad?
Lt. James Gordon: Because we have to chase him.
James Gordon Jr.: He didn't do anything wrong.
Lt. James Gordon: Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

I was open mouthed and was having a current passing thro me.. The titles come up and the title card: Directed by :Christopher Nolan pops up.. I was out of words.. And came a thought, could Nolan get better than this.. No way.. Dark Knight will be his best of the best films of all time and he is never gonna surpass it.. No film can beat this.. Best super hero films I have ever seen.. What mind games!! Spiderman sucks.. All these crazy thoughts were floodin my mind..

Now forwarding to the present.. To July 19, 2010..

I come out from the same theatre and get familiar thoughts such as the one I experienced 2 yrs back.. But this time with a wide open mouth.. I jus saw "Inception".. A movie like never before..

As the totem kept rollin and as the screen faded n the end credits were fillin the screen, I was standin and was appaludin.. I jus believe i stood up subconsciously but clapped consciously.. I never knew I can love a science fiction film.. They were never my cuppa tea.. But this film redefines everythin.. Even as I type this I dunno if it is happenon for real or I m jus hallucinating.. I hope it is for real.. I m stumped by Nolan as he has proved in his very next film that he is way beyond the Top 99% of the humans in this world in creative abilities..

A dream within a dream within a dream.. My God!!! I would say it is a bottomless abyss.. But Nolan has gone to the infinite boundaries to get a script of such gravity.. I dunno how it was possible to even conceive a story like this.. Even if u read the complete story scene by scene in wikipedia before going to the movie, u would fascinated by this film.. An artist's greatest victory is when he is able to transport the audience to exprience his world.. A world which never exists but can exist.. Nolan does that every single time.. but then after seein this film, i feel y cant it be real..

To change a basic character of u, u need to go deep down to change that.. The subconcious.. This should be done by the individual himself to redefine himself.. In simple terms, If u want a tree to grow big, what is the use of taking care of the leaves with utmost attention when the roots are still the same.. The leaves will return back to t original stage no matter what..

This concept has been explained the Nolan way and he has taken us to a new realm.. He has a different idea though.. He has a thief who can penetrate into the subconcious and can alter the basic notion of a self, Mind.. Once you alter your basic notions,everythin around u changes.. doesnt it.. No one can handle this theme except for Nolan.. He has given a new definition for film making.. No amount of eulogy wood suffice, pls watch the film n experience it.. It is a toooo perfect film ever made.. The cast n crew have done a fantabulous job to bring Nolan's work on screen.. Should say Di Caprio has a knack for choosin films.. Can never complain him..

I wont be suprised if his next film, Batman 3, surpasses Inception in 2 yrs time.. I would be happy to get stumped again.. I wish I can forward my life 2 yrs forward!!

Inception has got a rating of 3 of IMDB but i cant help but complain it is too low a ranking for a film of this caliber.. It should win the number one spot hands down..

Comments

Popular Posts