Un mois á DoMS

'It is very important that you plan.. You know for sure that goddamn plan will never work but it is essential to plan.. Only then you will know where you wanted to be and where you are now.. You can use that as a reference point'..

We all laughed hearing that on our induction day.. On hindsight I realize that I have not done anything by plan.. But what has panned out so far has been refreshingly different..

Barely a month has gone and I already am a part of the interim place-com or placement committee team for my batch.. I m also a part of the designing team for my department’s bfest.. My team and me have churned out many posters, logos, tshirt designs and an animation so far.. Waiting to see them all in the big screen.. Meaning in their physical form.. Waiting for those days when my department would be wearing custom designed tshirts which has big inputs from my side..

Asset of any institution is its students and my class is a bird's nest of 52 people.. And the nest has some good chicks too.. It’s a rich and diverse set.. I won’t be wrong if I say I have ppl from all states in India.. I have gotten used to Hindi except that I dunno what they talk!! You certainly have no choice but to smile at yourself when the whole class laughs for some comment.. I dunno how to scoop in to learn Hindi when I want to learn tennis, read books, do meditation, watch hella lot of movies, read economic times daily, play badminton n cricket, meet new people and also read academic subjects!!!


Coming to movies first.. I m a person who would not hesitate to watch 6-8 movies over a weekend..Downloading/getting movies was a big deal.. Watching wasn’t.. Downloading a film takes anywhere between 2-7 hrs.. But here I can download a 2gb film in 5-7min.. And here watching a film has become a big deal.. What all movies I had planned to watch are all available in dvdrips, hdrips, bluray rips... Thanks to the IIT hubs, I m already ripped!!! Everything useful to life and everything not-useful to life are present.. It’s where you would learn to get your priorities right!!

I being a residential student here, its first of a kind for me to stay in hostels, eat mess food et al.. It’s going cool.. I can bear the occasional power cuts, occasional water shortage, occasional internet breakdown but certainly not the perennial mess problem.. Food is horrible here.. N I have never eaten/will eat so much bread, butter and jam in my life.. Bread is part of daily breakfast regimen and at any day they are preferable to the dosa/bonda or whatever they give..

Time literally flies.. I have been to my house for 2 days maximum.. I wont say I don’t get time to go.. But I prefer to stay in hostel.. I just imagine myself to be in Delhi(the place where I would have gone to had I not got into IIT).. It wouldn’t have been possible to go isn’t it?? When I joined college I was termed ' a little fat with a big belly'.. After 2weeks when my parents saw me they said 'oh gosh u look so thin n you look good now!!'.. I dint go too much into those comments when one of my friends here said 'Leave it Sada.. We all look thin in the eyes of our parents..'

Coming to classes.. I wish I could update something here.. But I dunno what to!! The only thing I do is to sleep in most classes.. I get the most peaceful sleeps there.. Have to do something to break it.. Reading a day before a test, helps clear the test but doesn’t add any knowledge..

Waiting to add more!!

Comments

Popular Posts