Falsities, Fantasies & Superstitions

As I was nearing the last twilight of my 24th year, I was wondering whether I have had any attributes of mine changed..

I mean a welcome change.. A change which will usher in a new breeze..

Immediately I got an answer.. I stopped being superstitious..

Not long before I was overtly cautious.. Being superstitious is in very chetty’s blood.. It’s like their birth right.. I dunno how to rate myself among them.. But I have my own threshold limits and I knew very well that I did little to control it.. Like, If I go out of the house I would take extra care to make sure that I don’t cross a guy with a nammam or a 111 on his head.. If I come across one, I would go again, sit and then leave after a few minutes.. If I do anything important I would check dates n times to make sure I sound auspicious.. Not to mention breaking of coconuts on any occasion.. I never showed a restraint!! Infact, I was becoming a paragon of it!!

While applyin for exams I made sure I got forms only on auspicious days and chose the date of writing with pristine care and caution.. My policies only got severe as days went by but my results weren’t.. They became slender every day.. I would just follow these formalities but I won’t get a good feel after doing so.. If I m not comfortable, then why should I be doing it?? I understood that I m becoming a big victim of Murphy’s laws.. One of his laws state: Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse..

The 2009 MBA season was more than a testimony to it.. As every day passed by, I saw all exams implode.. An uneasy feel, which I was very well accustomed to, enveloped me again..

I just stopped and thought 'WTF am I doing?.. How long can I let this continue?? It isn't doing me an ounce of good!!’.. Just as everything has a start, everything has an end to it.. Not just the exams alone, I mean everything.. On any occasion, I try to scoop it inside and decorate it as though putting choco-chips, butterscotch, dry grapes on a double scoop ice cream.. That ice cream, in reality, may be mouth watering but this experience was only exasperating.. I can’t help but accept the fact that I felt short of confidence.. It was like I m not responsible for what I m doing but others..

Even if we do anything with all the attention things can go wrong.. How about me then?? I felt I was badly exposing myself.. Nope.. This can’t continue..

Everything is destiny.. Why make all efforts to go against it..

I decided that it’s high time that I change immediately.. Results may not be apparent for now but for the long run this is the right way.. As though bringing in a new bride slowly into her groom's house, I made the changes slowly.. I have been following my new ideology for nearly a year now.. I would say the change is welcoming..

Nowadays when I see a 111 on the street, I just smile thinking about my idiosyncrasy and move on.. Things may bomb or shine but that depends on me not him :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
[url=][/url]

Popular Posts